Are you an experienced SEN Teacher looking for your next move?
R.E.A.L. Education is an alternative education provider with schools across Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire and Leicestershire. We provide bespoke learning interventions which put relationships at the heart of the learners programmes.
Job Title: Lead Teacher
Hours: 37.5 per week
Weeks: 39 weeks
Location: Mansfield and Nottingham
Salary: £28,090 – £34,450 per annum
At R.E.A.L. we have an exciting opportunity for several SEN specialists to join us as Lead Teachers across our designated sites in Mansfield and Nottingham. The role will be to support our Learning Managers with the following activities;
- To implement an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for learners through individual and small group delivery.
- To monitor and support the overall progress and development of learners on the identified site/sites as a lead teacher.
- To facilitate and encourage a learning experience which provides learners with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential.
- To contribute to raising standards of learner attainment.
- To use a collaborative and multi-agency holistic approach to delivering an education provision which includes attention to health and safety awareness, risk management and the safeguarding of young people.
The successful candidate should have at least two years experience of working with children and young people or vulnerable adults within an education setting and be able to demonstrate experience of working with and developing effective resources for young people with additional needs. In addition to this you must have a recognised qualified teacher status (this can be through a variety of routes e.g. BEd, PGCE, GTP, NQT) and be able to produce evidence of previous curriculum specific CPD (e.g. up to date developments on curriculum).
In addition to your holiday entitlement and paid bank holidays, we will offer you 5 days paid dependency leave a year, access to the company’s Westfield Health, support your continuous professional development and provide a bereavement insurance policy.
We believe that building trust and positive relationships with learners is key to successful intervention. If this is something you believe in, then please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a campaign pack, to arrange a visit or for further information.